Monday, January 25, 2010

Put Your Own Art on Canvas

My sister found a place that is very reasonable for putting photographs on canvas. They did a few pictures for her last year and a small one for me. They all turned out quite well, especially for the price.

There is an aged picture of a local building I've wanted for a really long time. At a gallery I saw it for $800. They said they would sell it to me for $400. I still couldn't stomach the price and really couldn't imagine what my husband would say about it. I ended up taking a picture of the building myself, aging the black and white photo in Photoshop and sending it to ZaZa Gallery. They were having a sale at the time and I got the photo on a 16x20 canvas (a little smaller than the one at the gallery) for $55.00 + $15.00 shipping. I then put it in a frame I purchased on sale at Michael's for $15.00. Total price $85.00 for a piece of art I will really enjoy.

No comments: