Monday, May 3, 2010

The Abundant Life!





Yummy tomatoes, fresh basil ... it just feels so abundant to watch your little fruits and veggies grow in your own garden. Over the past couple years I've started dabbling in gardening. I don't really know what I'm doing, but am slowly learning a thing here or there. At first the whole project wasn't a huge savings on food because I bought pots (I'm doing container gardening), soil and seeds. It was still rewarding and just so fun. Now it's getting cheaper. I just need fertilizer (which I plan to eventually get from composting) and seeds or small plants you can buy at the nursery. I would like to encourage everyone to at least get a tomato plant in a pot this summer. It just feels good to watch something grow!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Ahhh...but if I could only plant my tomatoes. Our growing season is so short here. We can't plant a whole lot until after Mother's Day. Being as it's supposed to snow tomorrow I can see why!

Sherri said...

It is fun to watch and CC loves to grab a tomato when she's out playing. She's learned that when they are red she can pick them.