Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Garage Sales

Here's my fancy new (to me!) TV I got at a garage sale. I like to keep a small TV in my bedroom and the kids had broken my last one, so bought this one for $15.00 at a garage sale to go with my $4.99 VCR I bought at a thrift store recently ... what a bargain! ... Of course, with the new conversion to digital, you need to get cable (we buy basic for a minimal fee) or have a converter box to use these older tv's.

I also picked up a kid's bike for $15.00 at a different garage sale (quite the hit!) and a couple pair of really cute shoes for $2.00 each.

A word of advise about garage sales ... you really have to be choosy or you end up bringing home things you don't need that take up too much room. We've had a number of sales around here recently and I've made myself pass on a lot of "maybe" purchases.

ps-Not advertising for "The View," it just happened to be on!

No comments: