Wednesday, July 28, 2010

An Update on Do-It-Yourself Laundry Soap

A while ago I did a post on how to make laundry soap. We recently bought a front-loader machine. (Love the state rebates ... got $275 back in rebates and Lowes had already marked it down 10%.)

Anyway, the grated soap, Fels-Naptha, in the recipe I was using wasn't dissolving in the new washer. I switched to Ivory soap and all is well. Works fine. (The Fels-Naptha bar is 5 1/2 oz, so I eyeballed how much Ivory would equal that, about 1 1/2 bars of the size Ivory I was using.)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

For a front loader machine you should use the liquid laundry soap. I have had several people tell me that the dry soap doesn't dissolve well in a front loader. That recipe is also on my blog: preparednessandprovidentliving.blogspot.com